MIL-810, MIL-202, MIL-883J, IEC and ISO Test Results With No Functional Failures Establish SPYRUS as New Industry Standard for “Made in USA” Ruggedized USB 3.0 Drives
SAN JOSE, CA–(Marketwired – Sep 15, 2014) – SPYRUS today announced that all SPYRUS bootable Windows To Go and Encrypted Storage Drives have successfully passed a battery of MIL Standard, IEC, and ISO tests with no functional failures. The combination of stringent environmental testing coupled with extensive features that provide resistance to penetration by cyberhackers creates a highly secure operational environment for government, defense, critical infrastructure and related verticals. The additional testing for magnetic fields, X-Ray and long term immersion demonstrate the usability of these devices in challenging healthcare environments as well.
The series of tests successfully passed include MIL-STD-810 dust, temperature humidity, immersion to 1 meter, MIL-ST 883J and MIL-STD-202 tests for shock, vibration, and humidity/temperature. Other tests include ISO and IEC testing for magnetic fields, ESD, and X-Ray and other ionizing radiation. Detailed descriptions of the testing procedures and results can be provided to selected customers on a “need to know” basis under separate NDA.
The comprehensive testing report complements the recent announcement by SPYRUS that this family of drives were immune to the BadUSB attacks publicized at the 2014 Black Hat Conference entitled “BadUSB: On accessories that turn evil,” by Karsten Nohl and Jacob Lell of the SRLabs, Berlin. This lab study publicizes a latent, but understood vulnerability, that potentially could affect any unprotected USB or microcontroller network connected device on the market today.
“This announcement highlights the continued research and development work at SPYRUS that is transformed into products addressing purposeful and incidental real world threats. SPYRUS has implemented advanced security techniques to protect the operating system, applications and data for the world’s most secure bootable USB 3.0 device on the market today as announced recently by the SSDReview,” said Tom Dickens, COO, SPYRUS. “The physical and environmental packaging completes the SPYRUS WorkSafe™ Pro family’s lead in ‘Made in USA’ Windows To Go bootable drives for ubiquitous use as a desktop/laptop replacement in the office and the field.”
Other industry-leading security features of SPYRUS encrypting storage and bootable drives include:
- XTS-AES hardware encrypted compartments
- Embedded FIPS 140-2 Level validated smartcard security controller capabilities for two-factor authentication and secure email
- Made In USA security technology
- Read-Only settings that can be enabled to prevent permanent writes to memory compartments. This enforces corporate policy that employees can only work on the network, cloud, VDI or Office 365 and not store data locally, which helps prevent data leakage.
- Data Vault read/write partitions – Separate storage can be configured on all SPYRUS live drives, including those with Read Only mode enabled. Data Vault can also be accessed on unbooted drives.
- Hardware enforced secure UEFI boot – will not allow booting from a non-secure UEFI computing device
- Advanced Elliptic Curve Cryptography support in addition to the older RSA cryptographic algorithm support
- Passwords that are never stored on the device in any form
- New ruggedized tamper-evident water-resistant aluminum case design with tethered end-cap
- SPYRUS Enterprise Management System to centrally manage access to devices and destroy, enable/disable and audit devices
About SPYRUS, Inc.
SPYRUS delivers innovative encryption solutions that offer the strongest protection for data in motion, data at rest and data at work. For over 20 years, SPYRUS has delivered leading hardware-based encryption, authentication, and digital content security products to government, financial, and health care enterprises. To prevent the insertion of untrusted components, patented Secured by SPYRUS™™ security technology is proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA to meet FIPS 140-2 Level 3 standards. SPYRUS has collaborated closely with Microsoft to deliver the first certified hardware encrypted portable platform for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Window 8.1. SPYRUS is headquartered in San Jose, California. See www.spyruswtg.com for more information.
SPYRUS, the SPYRUS logo, Secured by SPYRUS, and SPYCOS are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SPYRUS, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions. All other company, organization, and product names are trademarks of their respective organizations.
SPYRUS Media Contact:
Madison Alexander PR, Inc.
(949) 231-2965 (cell phone)